Sunday, May 15, 2011

Signed On and Moving Forward

I am starting my blog with the signing of my contract.  It may not seem like an interesting step in my adventure beyond the ocean, but I can tell you it was one of the most crucial and stress inducing aspects of this whole thing.  For all those who have decided to follow my sometimes interesting and at other times rambling blog, I suspect that this will be like many relationships.  I may forget to write some days, or stretches of days at a time.  However, just know that I will return with ample stories and excuses for why I abandoned you for the short, or possibly long, stint.  I also want to take this time to say that, although I am A English teacher (that one was for you mom, te he), I do not plan to edit every post and will probably have grammar and/or punctuation issues at times, and you will just have to deal with that sad, but irreversible, fact.  (For those of you who do care...if you try to tell me of any corrections I should make I will probably stop speaking to you for a bit...you have been warned.)  Now back to the signing of my contract...stressful.  Upon learning I was going to receive the job I had dreamed about, the biggest thought in my mind was "OH MY LADY GAGA! HOLY HANNAH!" or something of the like.  Something you have to understand about me is that I have wanted to travel since I can remember.  Therefore, getting a job doing what I love, in an amazing part of the world, was literally a dream come true.  At twenty-three years old, I was living out my dream.  Now while all those thoughts were going through my mind, the thoughts of what I was going to have to do to prepare for signing the contract did not.  Anyone who gets a job in another country do two things: 1) get most the check-listed items done, before the interview, to their specifications and 2) make sure you have someone that can explain everything on the contract to you, including the stuff written in the other language.  Other then that, enjoy the happy feelings.  I may not write for a while, there are things that I am waiting to hear such as when I'm flying out, what I can take, etc.  As soon as those other things are learned I will talk more about my dealings in the whole situation, so until then, chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment