Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fun, Sun and Abu Dhabi

I have been here a little over a week and am realizing a couple major things about life in Abu Dhabi.  1.) It is hot in the summer here, really hot, almost suffocating at times. 2.) Hotel life of sleep, pool and food is only fun for about a week then you are wanting to get into your own apartment. 3.) There isn't much going on during Ramadan.  Knowing those three things, it is understandable that this past weekend I have done everything possible to get out and see Abu Dhabi outside of the hotel.  I went to a party at the Marine House Bar called Chesty's, I played beer pong at an Irish Pub downtown, and went on a half-priced Desert Safari complete with Dune Smashing, Sand Surfing, Camel Riding, Iftar and Hookah.  At the Marine House party I met some really nice people and made some friends, I was able to hang out with some of those friends at the Pub, and dune smashing is always a favorite of mine.  I still haven't been placed in an apartment yet so that makes looking for and buying furniture for the apartment difficult...as does the fact that they have yet to put the funds into our accounts for buying furniture...interesting.  In addition we are supposed to have orientation Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week but we don't know for sure how long or at what exact time we leave in the morning. Oh well, shway shway and inshallah every thing will end up all right and I will be in an apartment before school starts...hopefully.  That is all for now, more will come when I can finally begin preparing for my first place on my own.     

1 comment:

  1. The desert safari and Landcruiser driving through the desert was unbelievable.Driven out to the desert to experience a thrilling and heart stopping ride up, down and sideways spinning across the desert. Thanks for info.

    Oernight desert safari Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete